Skagerak | Aldus Table 200
With inspiration from the well-known trestle table Aldus is designed in quality materials with a maker feel as an elegant version of the practical dining table. The result is a carefully crafted rectangular table with rounded edges that seats six to eight people.
Oak / Oiled
LxWxH: 200x100x73 cm
Oak is a sturdy and hardwearing type of wood. Furthermore, the Skagerak oak is FSC 100 % certified or FSC Mix certified. The selection of the wood is extremely careful and all processing is done by hand, so that only the best and most durable pieces of wood are used in production. Oak contains tannins which reduces bacterial growth in the wood.
Cleaning and Maintenance
- Your new product comes with an oil treatment. For daily cleaning, use a damp cloth firmly wrung and be sure always to treat the entire surface evenly. The use of cleaning agents for daily cleaning is not recommended. Spills are to be removed immediately to minimize risk of lasting spots.
- Oil treated products are to be retreated 1-2 times per year, depending on the use, to keep the protective layer on the surface and maintain the aesthetic qualities from the oil. For future treatment, use a suitable oil treatment product and follow the enclosed instructions carefully. Oil treatments can be purchased on Skagerak.dk. Avoid contact of the oil with other materials to avoid spots and marks.
- When retreating the surface, we recommend proceeding with consideration of the Oak Veneer on the table top. The first time the table is treated some of the wood fibres may rise and make the surface feel rough. If necessary lightly sand the surface with 220 grit sanding paper in the direction of the grain to achieve the best result.
- Remember to retighten the table’s mounting bolts from time to time.
- Always use table mats or trivets when placing hot objects such as pots, pans and candle lights the table.